Avocado Salmon Bites
- 1 baguette, sliced
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1/4 salt
- dash black pepper
- handful of radishes, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
Heat oven to 375. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet (I used a Silpat to line mine). Pour olive oil in a bowl, and brush the oil on each slice. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on each. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden-brown.
Mash the avocado, grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spread on each toasted baguette slice. Then top with one or two slices of radish, smoked salmon, then a sprinkling of chives.
Wine Pairings: Sancerre, Muscadet, Txakoli
Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
25 minutes - 6 servings
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
12 slices Firehook Italian bread
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound strawberries, washed and diced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prep 10 mins, Cook 15 mins, Ready In 25 mins
- Heat vinegar in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Simmer until reduced by about half, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine strawberries and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill bread on the preheated grill until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread goat cheese on toasted bread. Add black pepper, salt, and reduced vinegar to the strawberry mixture. Spoon over the goat cheese topped bruschetta. Garnish with additional thyme.
Wine Pairings: Rosé, Beaujolais, Pinot Noir